Sunday 23 June 2013

SOME HOME-MADE HAIR CARE RECIPES I FOLLOW

Today is a Sunday. Needless to say, everyone of you will be winding up after a long weeks din and bustle. Some of you might have planned to go out, some of you might have planned to cook something delicious whereas some of you must have planned to watch a movie or clean your house. But, do you ever take out time to pamper yourself??? NO?? Then why do you keep complaining that your hair is falling and your skin  is looking lack luster?? Read on about some of my hair care tips which I follow, at least once a week( when I really do not get much time) to get long, black, shiny hair:

  1. I oil my hair twice a week at least. I use a mixture of coconut, almond, castor oil (equal amounts) and I heat it. I add some fenugreek seeds(methi seeds) to it and some lime juice to combat dandruff and hairfall. Then using my finger tips, I massage the oil lightly onto my scalp and hair. Do not scratch your scalp with your nails, please.
  2. If you cannot keep oil on your hair for two three hours or overnight, then, try using the turban therapy. It is actually very easy. Oil your hair well, and take a thin cloth and soak it in luke warm water. Apply this damp cloth(after squeezing the excess water) onto your head and cover your head like a turban. Do this three to four times. This will give you the benefit of overnight hair oiling.
  3. Deeply nourish and condition your hair at least once a week. Every Sunday, I apply a mixture of an egg, some dahi, some lime juice , honey and almond/olive oil to my hair and keep it for twenty minutes. Then I wash it off with a mild shampoo. Be sure to wash your hair well!!!
  4. If you have short hair , use one egg and for long hair you can use two or three. I use only one egg for the simple reason that my hair is already very silky, and this makes your hair silky. (Plus , I am very very lazy :P)
  5. If you have problems with egg, then apply a banana mask instead. Use one whole ripe banana in the mask and mash it well. Use the same ingredients as above. The proportions may vary depending on the length of your hair.
  6. Apply curd on your hair( from root to tip) and keep this for an hour before washing it off with a mild shampoo. This will make your hair squeaky clean and also deeply nourish it.
  7. You can also make  a honey and milk mask. Take half a cup of raw milk, add two three tbsp s of honey to it. Heat it lightly and slowly apply this onto your hair using a hair brush. Keep it on for fifteen to twenty minutes. Wash it off and follow it with a good shampoo. 




A real picture of my real hair, no color, no straighteners!!!!!
It is up to you to choose which one of the above tips or two three tips you can follow. It is applicable for girls as well as boys. Do it religiously and after a few months you'll start seeing the results!!!
Okay got to go because I have to get ready!! More in my next post!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment