Thursday 6 June 2013

ORIFLAME VERY ME COVER UP CONCEALER PRODUCT REVIEW

Yes I know I am very very late, but I had some other commitments today. But here I am,to discuss in today's post about a concealer that comes at a very cheap price. Read on to find out if it's really worth it:

I have never used a concealer before, but when I was flipping through the glossy pages of ORIFLAME'S monthly product magazine, I couldn't help but notice that there was this concealer at an awesomely cheap price, so cheap that it doesn't even hurt to shell out the money. I thought to myself, okay, let's try this one out. I am talking about the VERY ME CONCEALER by ORIFLAME.




 Let me brief you about it in points:

  1. Packaging/Look: It looks like a sketch pen with a green cap and black body. :) It is actually a pen-concealer, that has a roll-on base. (Very pocket-friendly).
  2. Shades: I have a fair complexion, so I opted for the LIGHT shade. It is also available in DARK shade.
  3. Texture: Light, creamy texture, easily blends with the skin using fingertips.
  4. Price: I know you all have been waiting to hear about this FIRST. I bought it on offer at Rs. 138. I guess the original price was something like 300 bucks or so. :P


It can be used on a regular basis for office, day wear or for a night out. It does cover under eye dark circles well, but is not so effective on pimples, moles or birthmarks, stretch marks.
To use it, first apply it in the areas around you eyes( refer to my blog post on HOW TO DO THE CLASSIC WINGED EYELINER LOOK and check out the picture.) Then, using your fingertips, blend it well in circular motions, upward and outward.( As you would apply a cream.) Let it set for sometime, and then go on to apply you foundation.
I am not very satisfied with the product. It does hide dark circles and brightens up the face, but its effect is very limited. I really do not need much concealer(thankfully) and so I am not really going to buy a new concealer for now. Though I will use this one for my eye makeup tutorials.( Dark and dull eyes are a strict no-no.)
Here I show you the swatches:








 Before wrapping up this post. let me list the pro and cons for you:
PROS:
  • Cheap
  • Can be carried easily
  • pen-like concealer helps in easy application
  • blends well
  • helps hide dark circles
  • matte finish so helps absorb oil and shine
CONS:
  • not effective on birthmarks, moles, pimples, stretch marks
  • should have been available in more shades to help match skin tones easily.
FINAL WORD: If you have serious skin issues, you should not buy this product. And, plese take care of your diet and get enough sleep and exercise!!! :)
BYE!!!!!!! :) :) :) :)





No comments:

Post a Comment