Wednesday 5 June 2013

ACCESSORIZE ACCESSORIZE!!!

Yes, now I am going to show you what accessories I wore for LOOK OF THE DAY 2#. Remember, girls, that accessories can make or break any look. Over various posts I'll show you how to look edgy and stylish with simple accessories. When heading to buy accessories, always question yourself," Is it really worth it?" mentally think of any two dresses or looks that you think it will go very nicely with. If these answers come to you instantly, and you are pleased with yourself, then I'd say you've made a good choice. But, it's no use buying an expensive bag or piece of jewelry or shoes if you can't mix or match. Secondly. you should know if you are allergic to any metal jewelry (copper, silver etc.). Just because you've read my blog, and because I'm sporting copper bracelets, doesn't mean you'll have to buy it even if you are allergic to it.
Anyways, now getting back to the topic of my post, you'll probably remember that i had worn a flowing maxi dress in bright orange and a cropped leopard print pink jacket. I had done a beehive hairdo withe the winged eyeliner look and I really did not want to wear every piece of jewelry I had just to attract attention (in a wrong way!!)
So, I chose not to wear any earrings and kept my neck hassle free. I could have worn a statement neck piece, but it really doesn't go well with maxi dresses. So I wore a simple long locket with a golden chain gifted to me by my aunt from Singapore. (I just love it!!) It adds the right amount of pizzazz to your look!
I did not wear any bangles, cuffs or bracelets and only wore a big ,diamond shaped ring which I picked off the flea market in Gariahat for only sixty or seventy bucks. I don't remember because I bought two rings together. It is a love teal-green combo that is an instant attention grabber.









Since my maxi dress has a flowing silhouette and my whole look was very bright, I chose to go neutral with the heels. I had picked up this lovely pair of tan heels at a sale in Forum, INC.5 for only 700 bucks and they are totally worth it. It is a bit angular, and suits hourglass or boyish frames. It does NOT look good with Indian wear, but looks very good with bright long dresses or skinny fit jeans and a khakee top.(I will try and show you another look to go with this shoe). But let me tell you, it is probably not even three inch heels, but I had to wear it all day. So wear heels only and only if you are comfortable enough with them. You don't want to get a sprained foot and sit in a corner all day and miss out on the fun.






Bye for now and keep watching my blog for more!!! CIAO!!!







No comments:

Post a Comment