Sunday 2 June 2013

LOOK OF THE DAY 2#

What have you gorgeous girls been doing today?? Well, for me, I was very very busy today. i had a conference to attend with my Dad at THE PARK HOTEL, Kolkata and so I could not post anything new the whole day.
You all must be wondering what I wore today. I am going to write about that in this post. So, read on to find out.......
THE PARK hotel is a very posh place, and though it wasn't any formal party sort of thing, I decided to wear a maxi dress. But there was one problem. It is fully air conditioned and we had to stay there from morning till evening. So would I rule the option of wearing my newly purchased maxi dress?? No, never.



I decided to wear a cropped body hugging jacket with it. The maxi dress is AWESOME!! It is very very simple looking, which makes it all the more lovely. And the colour is a hot trend this season-ORANGE. (Girls I strongly feel that you all must invest in atleast one accessory of this colour.) It is very very long and made of lycra material with no detailing and thin spaghetti straps. It is a low cut dress which makes it all the more sexy. I bought it online from myntra.com for a great price of Rs.500. (yay!! I got it on offer!!)
I teamed it up with a short jacket in another very trendy colour-NEON PINK!!!!! And the jacket has leopard print all over it. (Yes!! I know I picked all the correct fashion trends!!)
The two colours look very very trendy when worn together. It makes the whole look pop. Since I wore such a bright attire I wore nude heels which I bought on sale from INC.5 at an awesome price of Rs.700 only!!!
Oh. I forgot to mention about the jacket. I bought it from a stall in a fair in our locality only about two months ago for a mere 120 bucks. It was a thrift shop and I paid peanuts for the jacket I think. But girls, while thrift shopping be careful to purchase things that will suit you and don't get lured by the cheap prices. The jacket is originally from NO CODE, a very famous fashion label.
My accessories were also very simple. I just wore a long chain with a bejewelled poodle locket, a gift from my aunt in Singapore. ( She always gives me amazing things!!!). I did not wear any earrings as I didn't want to shift the focus from the chain. I wore a large ring on my left hand middle finger.( Normally I wear
 two chunky rings.)
Now I come to the most interesting part: makeup. My make up was fairly simple- I did the classic winged eyeliner look and did not line the waterline of my eyes with kohl because sometimes, you just need to focus on the nuances of each look. I LAKME POP TINTS PINK FUCHSIA lipstick and the colour is very very nice. It looks really good on fair skin. :)
I am very inspired by the AMY WINEHOUSE LOOK and attempted to do a 60's style beehive bun, and yes it worked!! It looked awesome with the dress and my hair did not get dirty at all. And this look also lasted the whole day!!!
I could not take many pics but I share with you some of the pics I could manage to take. And yes, I took a bright teal sling bag which i purchased for 500 bucks from B.K. MARKET, Kolkata. ( I simply love the colour!!!)
Bye for now as I am very tired today. Tomorrow I will discuss about my accessories and what cosmetics I wore to achieve this look. Good night and sleep well.



No comments:

Post a Comment