Thursday 30 May 2013

A NEW ANTI DARKENING CREAM THAT HAS HIT THE MARKET. CHECK IT OUT!!

FEM ANTI DARKENING HAIR REMOVAL CREAM FOR SENSITIVE SKIN-REVIEW

Hello beauties,
We all like to look beautiful. (Always!!) But there is this problem of unwanted hair on our hands and legs. So, it’s no wonder that girls these days use various hair removal creams. But most girls complain about their skin feeling dry and flaky with the continued use of such hair removal creams. Also there is the problem of skin darkening cause by these creams.
I have a wedding to attend today and so I am doing my best to look my best. J . Of course, I am going to wear a traditional Indian sari (Can there be anything better than that??) I even got a new blouse stitched. I really don’t have much hair on my hands and legs but since my blouse is a sleeveless and sexy one, I thought it better to depilate my underarms. (Else it would really look uncouthly: O)
So I went to the nearest departmental store and bought Fem Anti Darkening Hair Removal cream for sensitive skin. Does it really prevent skin darkening along with hair removal?? Read on to find out....



Since I am using this brand for the first time, I thought it better to buy a small pack. It is a purple and pink box (cute coloursJ) . It is reasonably priced at only Rs.45 for 40gms.





Net contents: One jar of hair removal cream, one gentle care spatula, two 5gms sachet moisturizer and one instruction leaflet. (Oops, I threw the instruction leaflet away!!)
The jar is pink and white in colour (very basic) and the cream inside is creamy pink (mind you, it’s not for eating: P). When you open the jar, you will be overwhelmed by a rosy scent <3
The spatula is also small and cute and pink in colour. The sachet of moisturizer is for post hair removal, enriched with liquorice and jojoba oil. The moisturiser is peach in colour and has a faint smell. (Can’t say distinctively).
Ingredients: The key ingredients (as mentioned in the pack) are Jojoba oil and liquorice extracts. I am not mentioning the other ingredients as you will get to know when you buy the product. Jojoba oil is known for its moisturisation properties whereas liquorice prevents skin darkening. The rose extracts are soothing for sensitive skin.
Directions for use: A patch test is recommended if you are using it for the first time. I have sensitive skin but I didn’t do the patch test. I didn’t have enough time!!! So I directly applied it on my underarms. No eruptions so far  J J. The instructions  are clearly given on the box as well as in the instruction leaflet (in details). Since I am too lazy to read, I just opened the box and applied the cream evenly on my underarms with the spatula. It is recommended to wait for 2minutes at least, but I waited for a minute more before removing the cream. After this, I washed the area with tap water and dried it with a towel. I could still smell the lovely rosy scent, minus any skin irritations in the area. Then I applied the moisturizer and discovered soft smooth skin.






My experience with the product: Pretty good. Since I have sensitive skin, I have to be very careful about what I use. Once I remember using a particular brand of hair removal cream on my underarms and my skin became itchy and erupted badly. But no such experience with this product. About the anti-darkening properties, I am yet to find out because I have only used this once and also because I am quite fair and without patchy skin.(*touchwood) But, if you are thinking that this anti-darkening cream will make you fair and lovely, you are wrong. It cannot revert prolonged negligence of skin and improper skin care regime. But if you are looking for a hair removal cream that does not leave patchy skin and cause skin irritations, this is definitely it.
Let me now brief you about the pros and cons of this product.
Pros:
·        Attractive packaging
·        Nice smell
·        Really suitable for sensitive skin
·        Gives a soft and smooth finish
·        Does not cause further skin darkening
·        Reasonably priced
Cons:
·        Cannot revert skin darkening caused already
Nothing else, really. And please remember that if you have already patches on your skin caused by other hair removal creams, consult a dermatologist. Always remember, prevention is better than cure.
Will I buy this product? : Yes, I feel fine with it. So next time I am going to buy a bigger bottle.
My rating: 4/5
Bye for now. And please give your comments and criticisms. Happy dressing up! And don’t be afraid to flaunt your gorgeous arms and legs!












No comments:

Post a Comment