Tuesday 13 August 2013

LOOK OF THE DAY 9# THE THALAIVA TRIBUTE!!!

HELLOOOOOO!!! I am back with a bang!! I had been lying low for no specific reason actually. Spiritual contemplation??? Nah......I am way too practical (and lazy) for that......

So the latest buzz is the "CHENNAI EXPRESS" and I am sure that most of you have already seen it as well. I am not so lucky, so I will be going tomorrow on a movie date!!1 Today, when I read the newspapers and found out that CHENNAI EXPRESS has already grossed 100 crores, and has created a new record, my joy knew no bounds. I am, and will always be a great fan of SRK. So, I thought that  while I gear up for tomorrow, why not do a look of the day with the amazing piece of garment that has created waves in the fashion world: LUNGI!!!!





This was done within the confines of my house as I wouldn't dare to venture out in this look. You have to have a devil-may-care attitude for carrying off this look in public. Plus, I am really fascinated by nose rings. No, I do not have my nose pierced and have no intention of getting it done, but, I like to slip on false nose rings for fun.





For this look, I did not have a lungi at home, so, I rushed to my grandmother for help. Besides clicking amazing pictures, she always has solutions to my problems. So, she took out her white saree with a lovely golden border which  I tied it around my waist as a lungi. Obviously after folding it. And it looks convenient!!! I wore my favorite chequered t-shirt from BARE DENIM which fits like a dream and the contrast is amazing.




The spirit of carrying any look with elan is the correct make-up and accesories. I used minimal make-up only a kohl from LAKME ABSOLUTE to define my eyes and a red lipstick from LOTUS. I used my "rose-tinted" shades, aviators to be exact, which became a rage after "DABANGG" and wore a maharashtrian nose ring which i shopped from the flea markets in GARIAHAT.

To pul off this look, you need lots and lots of attitude and there you go!!! All tapori style and hatke!! :):) 








2 comments:

  1. It is truly making waves over the world. Probably because SRK and Deepika are involved. Many heroes and actresses have worn a lungi earlier, but never has there been such a buzz!!

    ReplyDelete